Tuesday, January 7, 2020

A Cheer Dad's Perspective- 1-7-2020














Happy New Year Everyone!!!!

As the new year has come I cannot help but think of all the things we accomplished in the year of 2019. It was a big year for us at Cheer Trixx. We moved into a nice space where we can grow and expand. It has been an amazing ride and it has me wanting more. Honestly I have been watching cheer videos all off season. I have been learning more terms and digging into the rules more and more. I even toyed with the idea of joining an open team (I did not for reasons. Maybe next year). I have really become more and more engaged in this life of cheer. I can’t think of anything I’d rather spend time on at this point. Like I’ve caught myself watching cheer videos during my free time at work. When I look back at when I first started watching cheer and going to competitions to now I have truly fallen in love with this sport. I wear my cheer jacket to work and if I could fit my daughter’s national championship jackets I would wear them too. No I’m joking but I am really proud of my gym and my athletes. The coaches at Cheer Trixx are some of the best coaches around and it makes me happy to see the impact they have on my children but all the athletes at the gym.

So it’s 2020 and Cheer Trixx is looking stronger than ever am truly excited about what we have going on and I love we are doing things we haven’t done before and pushing our limits. All the new skills and all the new levels are amazing and I know we as a gym are destine for greatness. I made a hype video a few months back and it started as this little project then it became this huge video that brought out so much emotion. I am proud to be involved with an organization that give major family vibes. I’ve opened up and found my place. I couldn’t see myself or my children anywhere else because the coaches, owners, and other athletes have given us so much and have done so much for us and we are thankful. I know I haven’t done much writing over the last year, I was doing some soul searching. But I will be updating regularly because why not blog and talk about something I love this much! This isn’t just a sport it’s a lifestyle and I love this lifestyle!

Charles Michael



No comments:

Post a Comment