Sunday, December 8, 2019

Blogger Ellie- 12-8-19 LIFE BEHIND THE BLUE MAT

LIFE BEHIND THE BLUE MAT


     On November 24th I got to experience cheer from a different view. Waking up that morning I wasn’t worried about if my hair was high enough, if my makeup was on point, or constantly going over my counts and grips for my stunts. I had a new uniform to wear, someone else’s counts to remember, and making sure my girls were feeling great. It’s a different feeling being a coach and not cheering. Don’t get me wrong it’s still thrilling and you still get that rush right before the music starts and lights go on, but it's different.  One of my favorite things when I was competing was watching my coaches cheering us on because at the end of the day they want to win as much as we do. Now it was my turn to jump up and down and scream my heart out for someone to hit her stunt, to be strong, and work the dance. It’s crazy how everything is in slow motion and that “look” by your coach mid routine can easily remind you to breathe. Maryland Adrenaline Daredevils took on a very close competition and came in 3rd place with a score of 94.48. They came together and worked it. They are working even harder to bring it at our next competition in Ocean City.

Cheers!
Ellie



No comments:

Post a Comment