Wednesday, January 30, 2019

From Coach Mandi-The Middle Of Our Competition Season





The Middle Of Our Competition Season


As we head up the middle of our comp season, I have a few tips for our athletes: Find the moments where you can motivate yourself to push past your limits. This is what makes the difference when you're faced with adversity. Be adaptable. Yes, it's going to get harder. Yes, things will change. Multiple times. You're in a competitive sport. Being adaptable to change is key to your team's success. On the bright side, this is the one lesson that you can hold through life. Being adaptable is a life lesson. Own it. Don't rely on the the praise from others to be your motivating factor. In turn, don't let criticism beat you down. Learn to filter what you need to take away from the critique and learn to be humble during praise. You are a piece of the puzzle. Every team is a jigsaw. Every person fills a spot of necessity. Own your spot. Be great at your spot. Work on other areas and be an asset to your team. Practice outside of practice. If you only practice during practice hours, don’t complain when the result you want doesn’t happen. Greatness requires extra effort. I am not the world's easiest coach. I don't sympathize and I normally don't empathize. I've been in your shoes. I know what it takes. I won't baby you. I have expectations of each and every one of you. You may not like how hard I coach now, and that's ok. I didn't like how hard my coach was either. But I learned and I grew from her methods. The biggest stages of your season are yet to come. How will you handle the pressure? Welcome to our competitive world.... Be great Believe in yourself Don't be validated by others Push past your limits It's go time.....

-Mandi


3 comments: