Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Blogger Bryant - 8-21-2018


    Hello to everyone who’s eyes might fall upon this entry, whether it’s an aspiring cheerleader or a binge blogger at 1am. 

    My name is Bryant Griffith and I am 18 years old. I’m a Second year college student, but I have junior standing (not to toot my own horn or anything, but - toot toot). I started cheering for my high school cheer team during my freshman year of high school . They taught me level 4 and 5 stunts on the first day, and taught me no tumbling for the 3 years I was in the program. The summer after my sophomore year I came to my senses and joined North Star All Stars. Now fast forward 3 seasons and I am on a level 4.2, senior of course. Balancing school and cheer used to be easy just because school was really easy for me, and I never really had to try very hard. I did my homework on the plane ride to competitions which were pretty long since we live in Alaska. Now being in college it’s a lot harder to balance the two since I have to work to pay for tuition myself as well as be a Pre-medical Biology major AND actually show up to practice. I’m not here trying to start off this “series” whining or moaning about how tough it is, you’ll have plenty more blog entries to read about that from me. Overall I have a really amazing coach, her name is Meghan and she’s actually insane(ly disciplined), a pretty cool gym owner who understands me and my “I’m kind of an adult but also please help me” attitude, and a really great mom who I take for granted way too often. Other random facts about me before I go, I have a pet Boa Constrictor. Her name is Scarlette and she is 4 feet long. One day when she’s an adult she will be upwards of 10 ft. I love piercings and have 13, which the coaches resent because I have this cute habit of never taking them out like I’m supposed to. I can barely tumble (level one and two skills and an occasional tuck), but I’m always trying to improve. I’m comfortable saying I have the best performance/facials in my gym. I personally think it’s because I don’t mind making a fool out of myself because I have never known shame or embarrassment; sometimes my coaches have to pretend the other athletes have better ones so they don’t get jealous. But I understand.

    Anyways that’s it for today. Thanks for “listening” reading, whatever you’re doing, thanks for doing it. 

Ciao,
Bry


No comments:

Post a Comment