Thursday, July 23, 2020

Blogger Allie - 7-22-2020



Hey Guys and Dolls !!!

    It’s been a long time since I’ve wrote anything! A lot has changed in the world as well as in my cheer life.  After I last blogged, my cheer team and I went to the Quest cheer competition in Florida. After we competed, within 24 hrs, our world as we knew it had changed forever! So the Quest was supposed to be a 2 day competition but ended up becoming a 1 day competition due to the Corona Virus.  Considering all that was going on in the US during this time, we did very well and we had very respectable placing in the world's first competition for Rec and Performance rec. My Senior 3 team placed 12th and my Junior 4 team placed 2nd at the Quest. We were very proud of ourselves, but as we flew home a few days later, we learned the virus was scarier than we first thought. Actually two weeks after coming home from the competition, I ended up getting the virus! Compared to others,  it was mild, but my sense or taste and smell are still not back yet. To Everyone who is reading this; please stay safe , wash your hands, and wear your masks. ❤️

Now here we are as a new season approaches and I’m so excited to be back cheering for CDX Elite! CDX Elite was my first home for many years and I’m so happy to be back at my home! This is where all my coaches know me and my quirks. CDX Elite started out as Cheer Dream Warriors which was a true non profit rec cheer team that’s supports children with all forms of scoliosis. Now they are a D2 gym, but still rooted deeply in The Cheer Dream Scoliosis Foundation. As for me, I still don’t know what team I’ll land on, but team training and team building is still going on until end of the month. I’m just happy to be back home 🏡.


Stay well and stay safe
Allie ❤️



No comments:

Post a Comment